hits

Saturday, September 12, 2015

A banker's dear diary moment.

A customer got frustrated when I took more than usual time in cheque posting, as the image was not loading. After few gestures, he cried out: Are you going to give me cash or what?
Me: Sir, our system is little slow at this moment. Please bear with us.
C: No no no. This is not a good customer service. Customer is king, do you know that?
Me: Certainly Sir. I am aware of it. But I am told that ours is a democratic nation.
He went to Manager to complaint against me. Manager called me in.
Me: Ma'm, in my defense, I was doing my job as fast as I could, but I can't expedite the image loading and cannot post the cheque without verification, come what may.
C: But I am VIP customer of your branch. Can't you see that in your same fucking slow system.
Me: Oh, I am really sorry Sir. I have a weird habit of deliberately ignoring the trivial things. My bad.
C: See, madam. This is how a customer should be treated? He must understand that customer is god.
Me: Well, ma'm. I am sorry. And I only have to say that I am an atheist. A nonbeliever. May I please go back to my counter, or more customers will turn up to complain about me for not attending them?

-----
In the evening, me and Branch Manager, both were laughing over conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Bhopal. Delhi. Mumbai., India
A grammatically challenged blogger. Typos are integral part of blogs.